Saltwash® - frequently asked questions and answers
- What is SALTWASH®?
Saltwash® is a powder to be added to primer that creates a unique worn finish on any surface. Saltwash® was invented to mimic the authentic weathered paint that Saltwash® owners had seen on the porches and furniture of seaside cottages when they grew up on the coast. Their task was to create a product that can reproduce the layered, weathered look created by the sun and salt air, but which is also quick and easy to use.
- WHAT MAKES SALTWASH® A SUPERIOR TEXTURED PASTA POWDER?
- SHOULD THE SURFACE BE PRIMERED, CLEANED OR SANDED BEFORE USING SALTWASH®?
- WHAT KIND OF SURFACES CAN SALTWASH® BE USED ON?
- WHAT CAN I COVER WITH SALWASH?
- CAN SALTWASH® BE MIXED WITH ANY PAINT?
- HOW MUCH SALWASH® SHOULD BE MIXED WITH SPECIALTY PAINTS SUCH AS CHALK OR MILK PAINTS?
- WHAT IS THE DRYING TIME?
- DOES THE SALTWASH®-USED PIECE STILL NEED TO BE SEALED OR APPLIED WITH A PROTECTIVE LAYER OR A LAYER OF WAX?
- HOW MANY SQUARE METERS DOES ONE LARGE 1.2kg JAR OF SALTWASH® COVER? HOW MUCH DOES THE SMALL 238G CAN COVER?
- HOW LONG DOES SALTWASH® KEEP MIXED WITH PAINT?
- SHOULD A TOP PAINT BE APPLIED OVER THE SALTWASH® LAYER?
- WHAT DIFFERENTS SALTWASH® FROM TYPICAL CHALK PAINT OR OTHER SPECIAL PAINTS?
- WHAT MAKES SALTWASH® DIFFERENT THAN JUST PAINT?
- WHAT IS SALTWASH® MADE OF?
- WHAT MAKES SALTWASH® SO DIFFERENT THAN OTHER TEXTURE PRODUCTS?